Tech Tip: Making Videos Using Photos App On Your iphone
Video Making in Photos App
This tech tip goes over how to make a montage video with music and titles using your Photos App that customs installed for free on your iphone. Enjoy!
Written instructions are below.
Have an idea for a tech tip? I would love to hear it.
Submit a Tech Tip
- Open Photos App
- Go to Camera Roll
- Click “Select” in top right
- Select the photos/videos you want to be in your montage by tapping the image (a blue check mark will appear on selected photos)
- Click “Add To”
- Click “New Album” and name the album. The name you use here will be the title on your video
- The album will be created and then the phone will kick you back into the camera roll.
- Click “Albums” in the top left to get back to Album View
- Tap your just created album to open it.
- Click the arrow to the right of the date at the top (not the clock at the top of the phone.)
- Click the “Play” symbol on the video at the top
- This will automatically start putting together a video montage. If you immediately want to edit, at any point you can tap the video to stop it from playing and you will be provided buttons below.
- Either at the end of the video – or if you tapped to pause – click the icon in the bottom right (3 lines with 3 dots)
- Click “OK” to add video to Memories
- On This Screen you can tap to edit:
- The Title (Change the title and/or the font used)
- The Music (Pick a free song they give you, or upload one from your itunes)
- The Duration (Length of the movie)
- Photos & Videos
- For me Photos App would not automatically use the photos I gave it, so I would need to go in here, hit the “+” and add the rest of the photos in the album.
- When done editing Title/Music/Duration/Photos – Click “Done” in the top right.
- Use the Share icon in bottom left to:
- Text the video
- Email the video
- Save Video (will put it in your camera roll)
- Airdrop it to your computer
- Push to Social
You will be able to find your made video again within Photos > Memories. Or, if in step #15 you saved in somewhere, in those locations.
Questions? Comment below!